Setting goals for a new season – Part II, The list
Well campers as I prepare for my planned winter Tarp camp, I find myself going to my typical planning strategy. LISTS, I make lists, lots of lists, I find them all over the place, where ever I tend to be sitting, standing where ever and suddenly start a list, its typically the same list with additions. Why I don’t just have one and add to it, is a mystery to me, but hey! I eventually get there, Ok not always, because no matter how many lists I make I always forget some thing.
So that being said, here is my list for this winter tarp camp I have planned. Ok one of the many lists I have already started, hopefully it will become my final, that’s it, got everything list. But probably not. We will see.
- Tarp- DD hammocks 3×3 Tarp
- Wool Blanket
- Sleeping bag – Snugpak
- Sleeping Pad
- All weather blanket – Tarp floor
- Walking/hiking pole – tarp supports
- Snacks – fruit, nuts etc.
- Coffee makings – Because life without coffee is no life at all !
- Water Canteens – 2 military surplus with nesting cups in pouches
- 3 meals – Breakfast, dinner and lunch – at most, undecided as to actual meals
- Camp cook set – MSR pocket rocket, Titanium pot (750ml), Bush box, Spork
- Back Pack – Karrimor Sabre 30 Litre Rucksack
- Camp Knife – Knives of ALASKA bush camp knife
- Folding saw – generic
- Possibles pouch – Fire kit, flash light, compass, multi-tool etc.
- First Aid Kit
- Water purification kit – Katadyn BeFree Water Filtration System
- Gas Lantern – TBD ( Bulin ??)
- Go Pro – for you to see video
- Portable battery backup for Video equipment, phone etc.
- Small hand warmers for battery’s
- Working Gloves
- Knit Hat – Wool
- Wool Gloves
- Leg Gaiters, Water proof boots, wool socks (2 pairs)
- Light Hooded jacket
- Heavy Hooded jacket
- Thermal top and bottom – (2) Walkaround and sleep
- Boot Chains
There you go, that’s it …I Think. Well we will see. As the new year starts so I make up a new Bucket list for 2019. !0 things I need to do. But that’s another story. So off to think about my list and the meals I will be making outdoors…. till the bucket list then.
Remember Knowledge is a survival skill. I’m reading Tom Browns Field guide to wilderness survival right now. Interesting to say the least.
Safe and Happy 2019 to all.
The Novice Survivalist
Share this with friends and family:
Category: 2nd Chance at life, backpacks, Basic Survival skills, basic Survival tools and skills, Blog, BushCraft, Camp equipment, Camp knifes, camping, Camping and survival equiptment, Camping tips, cold weather camp, Emergency Kit, hiking, Making fire, Nature, Outdoor cooking, outdoors, Planning a trip, Prepping, Survival, Survival tips, Winter, Winter campingTags: Blog, camping, exploring, hiking, knowledge, Minnesota, Nature, Outdoor, outdoors, Planning, Survival, vlogs, Walkabout, Wilderness